THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
&n bsp; & nbsp; REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
&nb sp; &n bsp; (CONSULTING SERVICES - INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
&n bsp; & nbsp;
COUNTRY : Tanzania
NAMEOF PROJECT: Second Water Sector Support Project (WSSP II)
Loan No./CreditNo./ Grant No.: IDA CR. 59490
Assignment Title: CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST UNDER WSSP III No/strong>
Reference No. : TZ-MOW-63683-CS-INDV
- Thisrequest or expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for the project that appeared in the United NationsDevelopment Bus iness; Issue No. WB5803 – 12/16 of December 21, 2016.
- The Government of the United Republic ofTanzania through the Ministry of Water (MoW) has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Water SectorSupport Project (WSSP II) wh ich is part of the Second Water Sector Development Program (WSDP II) and intended to apply part of theproceeds for consulting servi ces.
- The Individual consulting services (“the services”) includes support ofMinistry of Water to manage the o verall Finance under this Project in accordance with the World Bank’s"Guidelines: Procurement of Goods,Works, and Non Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by WorldBank Borrowers, dated January 2011, revisedin July 2014; Guidelines” and “Guidelines: Selection and Employment ofConsultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &am p; Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014(“Consultant Guidelines”). During the contract period , the Financial Management Specialist shall support the ChiefAccountant of MoW who is accountable for managing and monitoring effec tive maintenance of books of accounts and ensuring that allfinancial transactions are in line with the Public Finance Act, 2004, it s regulations, as well as Public Procurement Act, 2011 asamended through the Public Procurement (Amendment) Act, 2016 and its assoc iated Regulations.
- The Ministry of Water (MoW)now invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in pr oviding the abovementioned services. Theshort-listing criteria shall include but not limited to (i) The Financial Management Specialist shall be a Professional Accountant(e.g CPA (T), ACCA Holder or equivalent) with preferably a First degree in accounting,or finance, and a registered member of theNational Board of Accountants and Auditors, (ii) At least 5 years working experience wit h sound knowledge of InternationalFinancial Reporting Standards, International Standards on Auditing, (iii) Experience in assessingand designing financialmanagement systems and procedures, internal controls, financial reporting and capacity building measures, (iv) Experience in interpretingfinancial management reports, analyzing variations to plans and determining remedial actions required, (v) Knowledge of accounting, audi finaning and financial reporting systems and software packages; and (vii) At least 4 years’ experience in working withWorld B or other Development Partner funded projects and/or programs.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn toparagrap h 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits& Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth theWorld Bank’spolicy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures setout in the World BankGuidelines: “Selection and Employment of Consultant by World Bank” dated January, 2011 revisedFebruary, 2014.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 8:00to 15:30 hours, Monday toFridays inclusive, except on public holidays.
- Expression of Interest marked“CONSULTANCY S ERVICES FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST UNDER WSSP II” should bedelivered in a written form to the address below(in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by Monday 7th December 2018 at 14:00hour’s local time.
The Secretary MinisterialTender Board
Ministry of Water ,
Kolon Building adjacent to DUWASA Head office, PMUOffices,
Ziada A. Msangi
Director of Procurement Management Unit
Telephone: +255 673 557 028
& &n email@example.com
sp; bsp; PERMANENTSECRETARY
; &nbs p; &nb sp; MINISTRY OF WATER