World Biggest Tenders Source
This tender with title Enhancement The Effectiveness Of Drr Emergency Warehouses At Dncc has been published on Bidding Source portal dated 21 Nov 2018 for the country of Bangladesh. It has been categorized on . For similar tenders you can see tenders mentioned below of this page.
Office of the Project Director
Urban Resilience Project-DNCC Part
Dhaka North CityCorporation
House No.: 27, Road No.: 44
Memo no:46.207.000.09.07 .155-2018/1394 Date: 12.11..2018
Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI) for
“Enhanceme &nt the effectivenessof
1. The Urban Resilience Project (URP) was started in 2015 with support from the World Bank to strengthen the emeer ofency response system and develop the capacity of the city corporations of Dhaka and Sylhet. The URP will serve as a new modelto b ld capacity for emergency preparedness and response for both recurrent and large-scale events, as well as establish the bestpractic es in disaster-prone urban environments. The URP includes a component to enhance disaster response capability of the city.The URP h as constructed five disaster response warehouses in each zones within the ground of the respective zone offices underDhaka North Ci ty Corporation (DNCC) as well as three in DSCC (Dhaka South City Corporation). The warehouses are equipped withheavy and light disa ster response equipment and they have a facility of meeting room with ICT equipment in place. The URP is goingto establish the samein Sylhet City Corporation (SCC) as well. With the establishment of the warehouses, DNCC is currentlyinprocess to setup zone levelDisaster Incident Management Teams (DIMT) to enhance the city’s ability to quickly andeffectively respond natural as well asmanmade disasters. DIMT will be placed under and closely communicate with City and WardDisaster Management Committee.DIMT, headed by Zonal Executive Officer (ZEO), is planned to consists of 11 various cellsin collaboration with utility service providers, fire d epartment, and other concerned agencies.
2. The government of thePeople’s Republic of Bangladesh (GoB) has received acredit for the “Urban Resilience Project (URP)” from theInternational Development Agency (IDA) and intends to apply pa rt of the proceeds of this credit to pay for procurement of servicesfrom consulting firms which can draw a comprehensive training p lan for the city corporation officers and employees and implementit towards the establishmentof the Zone DIMT. The consulting organ ization is also expected to develop learning materials for thewarehouses to function as a disaster management learning centers. Fur ther, appropriate documentation shall be made to record thework done under the assignment and to disseminate the projects under theURP- DNCC Part following World Bank guidelines as well asPublic Procurement Acts/rules of the Governement of Bangladesh.
3 . The primary objective of the assignment is to orientthe city employees at the zone offices toward the establishment of Zone DIMT by raising their knowledge and skill level in disastermanagement system through series of training and to develop Information, Educ ation, and Communication (IEC) materials, andappropriate documentation of the work done.
4. The expected duration of the as signment is six (6) months commencing fromthe date of the execution of the contract. The consulting organization’s scope of s ervices during this period shall include,but not limited to:
Detailed scope of services and deliverables are available in the TOR.
5. Interested consulting firms mustprovide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. EOIs should include brochures, description of similaar as proviignments, experience in similar conditions, summaries of firm’s capability, availability of appropriate skillsamong keywith short biographies (one paragraph), availability of resources, and snapshots of relevant transactional experience.The EOIs wou ld be reviewed on the basis of the following:
6. The consulting firm will be selected under Consultant’s Qualificationsbased Selection (CQS) method in accordance wi th the procedures set out in the World Bank’s the “Guidelines: Selectionand Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011revised July 2014 (Consultant Guidelines).
7.Interested consulting firm may obtain Terms of Reference (TOR) upon requestfrom the address below either by e-mail or in person du ring the office hours (9.00 AM to 5.00 PM) or it can be downloaded fromwww.dncc.gov.bd.
8. Expressions of interest in hard copy in sealed envelope (clearly marked “Enhancement theeffectiveness of DRR Emergency Warehouses under URP - DNCC Project&rd quo; must be delivered to the address below by December 11,2018 upto 3.30 PM.
(Dr. Tariq Bin Yousuf)
Urban Resilience Project- DNCCPart