PROJECT ANNOUNCEMENT NOTICE
Kazakhstan - Almaty: Almaty Light Rail Transit Public Private Partnership Project
Section I: Contracting entity
I.1) Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Public Transport Department of Almaty (on behalf of the Republic of Kazakhstan)
For the attention of: Mr. Khoschanov Talgat
4 Republican Square
Telephone: +7777 7777 283, +7 727 271 6576
General address of the contracting entity: www.almaty-lrt.kz
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2) Main activity
Urban railway, tramway and rolling stock
Section II: Object of the contract
Almaty Light Railway Transit (LRT) Public Private Partnership (PPP).
II.1.1) Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Design, development, construction, commissioning, financing, operation and maintenance (and transfer to the contracting entity) of the infrastructure, rolling stock and services for the Almaty LRT PPP.
Intended scope of services in the PPPA:
The services include detailed design of the LRT system, construction, financing, operation and maintenance of Light Rail assets.
The Almaty LRT will have 37 stations on a 22,7-kilometer double track to operate over one of Almaty’s principal avenues.
Frequent services at 4-minute headway (peak hour) on weekdays; the light rail is expected to carry 76 000 — 112 000 passengers a day.
The Private Partner will be responsible for detailed design and construction of complete LRT system including Depot.
The average commercial speed is to be 22 km/h. The service is to be managed from the Depot which includes workshops, operation control facilities and offices.
The Private Partner will be responsible for the daily operation of the light rail system and be the point of contact to the Contracting Entity, authorities, police, etc. in relation to the light rail operation.
The Project will be purely based on availability. Traffic revenue will be collected by the Public Partner. Other Revenue (such as advertising revenue, retail revenue etc.) will be transferred to the Private Partner.
The payments from the Public partner to the Private partner in accordance with the Order 725 will consist of three major parts:
- Compensation of investment expenditures;
- Management fee;
- Availability payment:
- compensation of operation expenditures;
- consideration for securing quality parameters.
Further information on the project is available in the document ‘Information about the Almaty LRT PPP’ (hereinafter referred to as ‘infodocument’), which can be downloaded from organizer’s website.
Section III: Conditions for participation
III.1) General Requirements
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: 1) The request for participation must be submitted in three copies of the same wording and a digital copy on a USB. Organization of the application in accordance with the structure of this announcement is requested.
2) The request for participation must include a description of the Applicant. The description must include:
- general description of the company/companies forming the Applicant;
- description of the role of the company/companies forming the Applicant;
- general description of each third party (e.g. sub-contractor / supplier) the Applicant bases the application on (if any);
- description of the role of each third party the Applicant bases the application on (if any).
3) The request must specify the phone number; e-mail address and name of contact person for the Applicant.
4) The Applicant must provide evidence of its legal capacity (for legal entities) and civil capacity (for an individual entrepreneur);
5) The Applicant must provide evidence that it is solvent and has no tax debts;
6) The Applicant must provide evidence that it has financial and/or material, and/or labour resources necessary to fulfil obligations under a PPPA for the project.
7) The Applicant must provide evidence that it is not subject to bankruptcy or liquidation proceedings, its property, the book value of which exceeds 10% of the value of the relevant fixed assets, has not been seized, and its financial and economic activities have not been suspended in accordance with Kazakhstan laws.
III.2) Index of Pre-Qualification Documents to be provided by Applicant
The originals or notarized copies of documents confirming the availability of money on bank accounts, the ownership rights of the potential private partner and the value of its immovable and movable property;
An original of the financial statements for the three full previous financial years, or if the potential private partner has operated for less than three years, from the moment of state registration. Organizations that have subsidiaries, in addition to the financial statements of the main organization, shall compile and submit consolidated financial statements;
A balance sheet breakdown of Fixed Assets for the last reporting date;
A breakdown of the accounts receivable and accounts payable as of the last reporting date;
A letter-guarantee of potential private partner that it is solvent and is not subject to liquidation, its property is not seized, its financial and economic activities are not suspended, that it was not held liable for failure to perform or improper performance of its obligations under concluded PPPA’s in the last 3 years, based on a court decision that entered into force;
Legal entities which are subject to mandatory audit, shall also present an audit report for the last financial year;
A notarized copy of the Charter;
A certificate of registered legal entity, branch or representative office;
An original certificate of the potential private partner’s bank (or branch of the bank) with the signature and seal, on the absence of overdue debts for all types of a potential private partner’s obligations towards the bank (or the branch of the bank) lasting more than three months preceding the date of issue of the certificate;
If a potential private partner is a consortium, it shall also provide the following documents:
- A notarized copy of a joint bidding agreement (consortium agreement);
- A notarized copy of an agreement on solidary / joint and several liabilities between the consortium members; and
- A notarized copy power of attorney for the consortium representative.
Potential private partners which are not resident in Kazakhstan shall provide the same documents or documents containing similar information on the potential private partner’s standing / qualifications which shall have a notarized translation into the language of the Tender Documentation, as well as an apostilled certificate of residence unless an international treaty provides otherwise.
III.3) Economic and financial capability
Further information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met:
The request must be accompanied by information on the Applicant's economic key figures as follows:
- Bidder Assets not less than 800,000,000,000 KZT (for the last 3 years, annually);
- Revenue not less than 900,000,000,000 KZT (for the last 3 years, annually);
- Equity not less than 400,000,000,000 KZT (for the last 3 years, annually);
- Positive net profit (for the last 3 years annually).
The information may be given as a table, dated and signed by the applicant: contracting entity would prefer not to receive annual reports.
Contracting entity reserves the right to obtain audited annual reports upon request. Formality:
- If the request for participation comes from a consortium, the abovementioned information must be submitted for each participant in the consortium. The above qualification requirements must be met by the whole consortium.
- If the application is based on economic and financial capacity of a third party (e.g. a parent company):
- i) the abovementioned information in section III.3 must also be enclosed for such third party;
III.3.1) Submission of Technical Proposals
The participant must submit a technical proposal, in accordance with the requirements specified in the Terms of Reference, which is an annex to this announcement.
III.3.2) Time limit for receipt of requests to participate
29.11.2018 - 12:00 local time (Almaty time)
III.3.3) Language(s) in which requests to participate shall be drawn up
To be submitted in [(i) Kazakh or Russian; and (ii) English]
Section IV: Complementary information
Additional brief information about tender process will be presented in organiser’s website along with technical assignment, qualification requirement, and algorithm of actions.
The selection of Tenderers to prequalify to stage 2 of the project procurement process, will be based on an overall assessment of the submissions received.
If a participant consisting of several companies (e.g. a consortium) or whose prequalification relied on economic and financial capacity of a third party, requests a change in the entity's composition or substitution / removal of the third party during the tendering procedure (i.e. at any time prior to contract award); this can only take place subject to the Contracting entity’s prior written acceptance. A change in composition is for instance if one of the entity members leaves the entity, or if any entity member is substituted by another company.
When assessing whether to grant a change in composition, contracting entity will consider the character and extent of the desired change. Amongst others, this consideration will place emphasis on whether the entity would have been prequalified, if the change in composition had been known prior to prequalification.
The tender documents will contain provisions dealing with changes as described above which take place after contract award.
Questions (if any) from potential applicants will be answered and the answers uploaded to http://almaty-lrt.kz/eng/for-investors/tender-announcement.html
Contracting entity may reject an application if not all information required in this notice is submitted. The applicant alone has the risk of having the application rejected.
Regarding additional information in respect of other issues than selection criteria of tenderers, reference is made to the above mentioned info document.