INVITATION FOR TENDERS
Bishkek Water and WasteWater Rehabilitation Project – phase II
PIP-1.3a -2 Supply of transformerS, electrical cables and related services FOR IMPROVEMENT OF BISHKEK WELL FIELDS.
This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which was published on the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the Bank) website, Procurement Notices (www.ebrd.com) on 11 February 2015 with subsequent updates.
The production and operational management unit “Bishkekvodokanal” (Bishkek Water Company) hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”, intends using part of the proceeds of a grant from the Government of Swiss Confederation (SECO) administered by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD or the Bank) and part of the proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD or the Bank) towards the cost of Bishkek Water and Wastewater Rehabilitation Project – Phase II.
The Purchaser now invites sealed tenders from Suppliers for the following contract(s) to be funded from part of the proceeds of the loan and the grant:
- Transformer TMG 1000/10 kVA -3 pc
- Transformer TMG 630/10 kVA -4 pc
- Transformer TMG 25 kVA – 1 pc
- Transformer TMG 400/10 kVA -3 pc
- Transformer NTMI 10 – 1 pc
- Transformer TMG 250/6 kVA – 1 pc
- Transformer TMG 1000/6 kVA -2 pc
- Transformer TMG 630/6 kVA - 4 pc
- Transformer TMG 400/6 kVA – 1 pc
- Transformer TMG 250/10 kVA – 1 pc
- Transformer TMG 160/10 kVA -2 pc
- Cables 3x95+1x50mm2 – 300 m
- Cables 3x120+1x70mm2 – 200m
- Cables 3x150+1x95mm2 – 550m
- Cables 3x185+1x120mm2 – 360m
- Cables AABlU 3x150 mm2 – 1000 m
- Vacuum switch – 18 sets
- Distribution panel 0,4 kV – 29 pc
- Distribution panel 10 kV – 11 pc
- Transformer substation -400/10/.04 – 1 pc
- Switch board and protection panel – 25 pc
- Complete electrical distribution panel 0,4 kV – 1 set
Tenders are invited for one or more lots. Each lot must be priced separately. Tenders for more than one lot may offer discounts and such discounts will be considered in the comparison of tenders.
Tendering for contracts that are to be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank is open to firms from any country.
To be qualified for the award of a Contract, Tenderers must satisfy the following minimum criteria:
- The tenderer has to present with a “Letter of Authorization” that he is duly authorised by the goods’ manufacturer or producer to supply the goods in the Purchaser’s country and have valid license for installation and start-up works;
- The tenderer has the financial, technical and production capability and capacity necessary to perform the Contract. The average annual turnover for the last 3 (three) years should be EUR 300,000 (three hundred thousand) per year. The local tenderer shall submit the information about the outstanding tax and social fund payments. The tenderer shall submit profit and loss statements, auditors' reports, etc. The Tenderer shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means sufficient to meet the production cash flow for the contract estimated as not less than EUR 200,000 (two hundred thousand) equivalent, taking into account the Tenderer's commitments for other contracts.
- The tenderer has satisfactorily performed at least 3 (three) contracts within the last 3 (three) years, that have been successfully and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed Goods. The similarity shall be based on the physical size, complexity, methods/technology or other characteristics as described in Section VI, Supply Requirements;
- Criteria for Joint Ventures, Consortiums and Associations (JVCA):
In case the tender is submitted by JVCA, it shall meet the following qualification requirements:
- The lead member firm of the JVCA shall have the experience as a principal, in execution of at least two (2) contracts, specified in the qualification criteria (3) above and meet at least 70% of the qualification criteria (2) above;
- Each member firm of the JVCA shall have the experience as a principal, in execution of at least one (1) contract, specified in the qualification criteria 3 above and meet at least 30% of the qualification criteria 2 above. The JVCA as total has to meet all qualification criteria listed above.
If the eventual Supplier is a JVCA of two or more persons, all such persons shall be jointly and severally bound to the Purchaser for the fulfilment of the provisions of the Contract, unless otherwise specified in the Contract conditions, and shall designate one of such persons to act as a leader with authority to bind the JVCA. The composition or the constitution of the JVCA shall not be altered without the prior consent of the Purchaser.
Tender documents may be obtained from the office at the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of KGS 3010 (three thousand and ten) or equivalent in a convertible currency. The money can be transferred to the following account number of the Purchaser:
Bank of Beneficiary
The “Optima Bank” OJSC, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Chips UID: 416502
Standard Chartered bank, New York Branch, USA
Account number: 3582023671001
After the presentation by the prospective tenderer of appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee the tender documents will be sent in electronic format.
Tenders must be delivered to the office at the address below on or before 10:00 30 November 2018, at which time they will be opened in the presence of those tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend.
The applicable procurement rules are the Bank’s Procurement Policies and Rules (PP&R) which can be located at:
The required delivery date is 120 calendar days after contract signing or receipt of advance payment, as applicable.
Prospective Tenderers may obtain further information from, and also inspect and acquire the tender documents at, the following office:
Project Implementation Unit
3rd Floor, Room 307
10 minidistrict, building 35
Tel: +996 312 542119