; &nb  p; THE UNITED REPUBLICOF TANZ /strong>
&n bsp; & nbsp; MINISTRY OF WATER
; REQUE ST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES - INDIVIDUALSELECTION)
; &nbs p;
NAME OF PROJECT: Second Water Sector Support Project (WSSP II)
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: IDA CR.59490
Assignment Title: CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST UNDER WSSP II
Refereence No. :
- This request forexpression of interest follo ent Notice for the project that appeared in the United Nations Development Business; Issue No. WB5803– 12/16 of December 21, 2016.
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Water (MoW)has received financing from th e World Bank towards the cost of the Water Sector Support Project (WSSP II) which is part of theSecond Water Sector Development Pro gram (WSDP II) and intended to apply part of the proceeds for consultingservices.
- The individual consulting services (&ld quo;the services”) includes support of Ministry of Water tomanage the overall procurement under this Project in accordance wi th the World Bank’s "Guidelines: Procurement ofGoods, Works, and Non Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credit s and Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011,revised in July 2014; Guidelines” and “Guidelines: Selection a nd Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDACredits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”). During thecontract period, the consultant shall undertake the capacity building of PMUs Staf f through on the job coaching and/or mentoringincluding hand holding of PMU staff. The contract is expected to start in March 2019 and will be for a initial period of two yearsrenewable subject to satisfactory performance.
- The Ministry of Water (MoW) n ow invites eligible individual consultantsto express their interest in providing the abovementioned services. The short-listing cri teria shall include but not limited toi). University degree with major in a relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Law, Procurement , Finance, Business Administration orequivalent) and relevant training in procurement work. A postgraduate degree will be an added advantage; ii). At least 10 years ofexperience in public procurement work, iii). At least 5 years of relevant work experience in pr ocurement under World Bank or otherDevelopment Partners funded projects; and with at least 3 projects, iv). Good knowledge of all c oncepts, principles and approachesto procurement, and of public procurement system, functions and practices, familiar with TanzaniaPublic Procurement Act with itsassociated regulations
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’sGuidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by Wor ld Bank Borrowers,January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s polic y on conflict ofinterest.
- A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank Guide lines:“Selection and Employment of Consultant by World Bank” dated January, 2011 revised February, 2014.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 8:00 to 15:30 hours, Monday toFridays inclusive, except on public holidays.
- Expression of Interest marked “CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR PPROCU FridaEMENT SPECIALIST UNDER WSSP II” should be delivered in a written form to the address below (inperson, or b rier, or by e-mail) by Monday 10th December 2018 at 14:00 hour’s localtime.
Physical Ad dress:
The Secretary Ministerial TenderBoard
Ministry of Water,
Kolon Building a djacent to DUWASA Head Office, PMUOffices,
40473 Dodoma, Tanzania
Ziada A. Msangi
Director of ProcurementManagement Unit
Telephone: +255 673 557 028
; &n Managemensp; &nbs   ; PERMANENT SECRETARY
&n bsp; & nbsp; MINISTRY OF WATER